Using Excel Refreshable Web Queries with FogBugz
October 1st, 2008 by Rich Armstrong
- Bring up IE and log into FogBugz, selecting "Remember Me"
- Figure out your data. Bring up a list of cases that reflects what you want to report.
- Copy all. Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C.
- Open a new Excel sheet and paste.
- Before you do anything else, look in the lower-right corner of the screen. There should be a little clipboard icon there. Click it and select "Refreshable Web Query".
- A box should pop up with a mini browser window. Click the yellow arrow next to the list of cases, changing it to a green check box, and click Import.
- The report should come up in Excel. This will be a live report that can be refreshed to reflect the current state of the data. To freeze this report in time, select Data > Properties and uncheck all the refresh options, or Data > Connections and remove any connections you find.