March 26th, 2013 by Aaron Maenpaa
Update: The beta is now closed. A big “Thank You!” to everyone who signed up.
Want to see what’s coming in the next version of FogBugz? Now you can! The FogBugz team has been hard at work on a project we’ve code-named ”Ocelot” for the past several months. We’ve rebuilt the core pages of FogBugz to use a completely new architecture that’s significantly faster. Like, seriously fast. And now we’re ready to start sharing it with you!
What’s shiny and new?
The new version of FogBugz is a single page app when it comes to the list page and the case page. What’s that mean exactly?
- a super fast list page for listing and filtering your cases
- a wicked fast case page for viewing and editing individual cases
- blazing fast search for finding the cases you’re interested in
- and blink-of-an-eye fast transitions between these pages
We’ve been dogfooding the new UI internally for a couple of months now and it has really improved our own experience of using FogBugz. We hope you’ll like it!
A Word of Caution
This is a beta, so there will be bugs. If you find one, please contact our customer service team and let them know. Furthermore, since we’re trying to get this into your hands as soon as is humanly possible, there are some caveats to the beta:
- The beta is for FogBugz On Demand accounts only.
- The beta UI has only been tested in Firefox and Chrome. Support for IE10 and Safari are on our TODO list and they should mostly work, but they might not and you will probably run into cosmetic issues.
- Customizations from the BugMonkey Plugin will not apply to the beta UI.
- With a few exceptions, existing plugins will not interact with the beta UI.
- A number of features have not yet been implemented including:
- Custom fields
- Quick case add on the list page
- Graceful handling of concurrent case editing
- Similar speed improvements and single-page-appification to Wikis, Discussion Groups, Reporting, Admin pages, etc.
- The Working On menu
- Searching Wiki Pages and Discussion Groups from the main search box
- With the exception of some specific text used in outgoing emails, the beta UI is not localized
Share your Feedback
We’re looking for feedback on: How the application feels, your general impressions, any missing features that impact your day-to-day workflow, and of course any bugs you find. Once you’ve started using the beta, please contact our customer service team and let them know what you think!
Once your account is enabled for the FogBugz Beta, you can enable and disable the beta UI on a per user basis from a link in the top right corner. If you later decide that you’d like your entire account taken off of the Beta, just let us know and we’ll be happy to take care of that for you.