October 12th, 2010 by AJ Palkovic (1 min read)
New FogBugz 8 Wiki Template
FogBugz 6 and 7 both had wiki template functionality you could use to customize the look and feel of your FogBugz wiki. What’s that? You didn’t notice? Hmm. Well, to be honest, it wasn’t always the most flexible or powerful feature in the FogBugz toolbox, but we’ve aimed to fix that in a big way with FogBugz 8. FogBugz 8 has a brand spankin’ new, super awesome looking template (if we do say so ourselves) that comes ready to use right out of the box.
What’s even better is that all of your existing, potentially less-than-sexy wikis using an unmodified FogBugz 7 default template (as well as any entirely private wikis you might have) will be automatically upgraded to use our spiffy new template when you upgrade to FogBugz 8.
“What’s so freakin’ great about this new template,” you ask? Well, let me tell you:
- It’s been completely redesigned to better support organizing and navigating your wiki content:
- There are a bunch of powerful new template placeholders (including placeholders for plugin content):
- We’ve updated all of the built-in table styles to be dapper straight out of the box instead of tacky:
- There’s now support for specifying a “default” template for use whenever a new wiki is created:
- We’ve added a number of “Wiki Views” that allow you to leverage (and more easily find) the articles inside your wiki:
- And lots more!
In short, we think our new template is a HUGE improvement over the FogBugz 7 default template, and we’d love for you to try it out and let us know what you think!